This "book" contains the general information you need to get started. Please take the time to review the information and feel free to contact Distance Learning/Student Technologies at email@example.com or stop by A-212 for assistance.
Click on the Start Here link above to begin. Navigation and printing information for this document will be found on the first page.
2. Finding Your Username/UserID
Why do we have usernames?
- ·Student usernames create a uniform and simple login for all campus resources
- ·You will be able to use the username and a password to access Moodle, your student email account, campus computers, Self-Service, the wireless network, and other resources as they become available.
- ·NOTE: Campus-issued usernames/passwords are not automatically used for 3rd party websites such as MyMathLab, SAM, or Aplia.
What is my username?
For most students, usernames are formed by combining
- ·the first four letters of your first name (all lowercase)
- ·the last five digits of your student ID
What if my name has less than four letters?
- Students whose first names have less than four letters should use all letters of their first name and the last five digits from their student ID.
- For example: Lee Jones's student ID is #0365588 making his username lee65588.
I am a returning student, what do I need to know?
- Usernames for students who have been away from BCC for more than two years will need to be reactivated.
- Please check with the Distance Learning/Student Technologies department for assistance.
- Contact Student Services to initiate a name change. Only those with the old format username (from before May 2016) will have a new username created as part of the name change process.
- For more information, contact the Distance Learning/ Student Technologies department at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by room A-212 (second floor, building A).