This "book" contains the general information you need to get started. Please take the time to review the information and feel free to contact Distance Learning/Student Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by A-212 for assistance.
Click on the Start Here link above to begin. Navigation and printing information for this document will be found on the first page.
8. Other Useful Downloads
Some of the following software items may be required in your courses. Installation of these and all software packages are done at your own risk. While these packages are standard, stable releases, BCC does not assume responsibility for problems arising from their installation or use. Unless necessary for a course, you are not required to install these programs. These downloads are not hosted on BCC servers, and BCC cannot guarantee their availability. If you find a broken link, please report it to email@example.com. Thank you.
Many of these may also be found in the Free Downloads dropdown menu at the top of the Moodle page.
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Adobe Reader
- Irfanview (Be sure to download both the program and the plugins also)
- Microsoft Word Viewer (allows reading MS-Word documents, but no editing)
- MS-PowerPoint Viewer (allows reading PowerPoint files, again with no editing)
- OpenOffice (A free suite of office products including a word processor, spreadsheet, slide presentation, drawing software and a database manager. NOTE: This software will not be suitable for computer/software classes such as CIS 110, Spreadsheets, and Database.)
- PrimoPDF - Create PDF files. Please pay attention to make sure you are downloading the free version, not the trial version.